Saturday, February 4, 2012

Is It Worth It?

I'm in my last semester of college, and I'm realizing that there's an abundance of things that I could have done during my time at Cal that I didn't take advantage of. I could have gone to more office hours, taken more classes, done research, written an honors thesis, been involved in more clubs, volunteered more... the opportunities are endless.

I was sad the other day when I realized that I could have done more things during my time here, specifically doing research. I'm realizing how much I love doing research for my papers, and I'm even looking forward to conducting my own research and collecting data this semester for one of my classes. So I asked myself: If I could do it all over again, would I do things differently?


I started to think about it more and more, unsure what my answer would be. But then I thought about what did take up the time and energy during my time here that kept me from doing these things. Well, simply stated: ministry. The number of hours that I've put into leading small groups, discipling women, attending socials, attending weekly meetings, planning events, staff meetings, raising support... it's huge. So I asked myself: Is it worth it?


If God is not real, if Jesus is not God... then no. But, I believe that Jesus is God, and I believe that investing in the lives of women is one of the best ways that I can worship Him and serve Him! And I come to the conclusion that, yes, it is all worth it; I would not do it differently if I could.

This leaves me feeling so much more at peace. God gives me the opportunity to invest in eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment