Sometimes life as an introvert can be hard. People can think that we're antisocial or that we don't value relationships. This weekend I was reminded that, actually, I love being social and having deep relationships with people! However, I love to do those things... with one person at a time, sitting down, and in a place that feels comfortable.
I had awesome conversations with people this weekend that just reminded me how much I love the intimacy that is part of relationships. I love getting to share my stories, and I love to hear people's stories. I love getting to look someone in the eyes and laugh about things. We introverts do have a lot to say, and it all comes out when we're one-on-one with someone who wants to sit and listen. Oh, and as most of you know, I love to talk and will talk your ear off if we are one-on-one. :)
Ah, love it. I can finally say that I wouldn't want it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment