I ran my first half marathon yesterday. Yes, it's true, I made it out alive! I can hardly believe it either. I ran in celebration of my foot being completely healed--a three year endeavor of pain, frustration, walking boots, and surgery. So thankful to be without pain!!!
When I was running, I didn't think about that much. For whatever reason, I just kind of tuned out and went. However, every once in awhile, I calculated how much longer I would probably be running. I kept feeling discouraged when I would do that. But, every time that I did it, I kept noticing this man in front of me that had a shirt on that said "Focus on Finish." Seriously, every time! And then I would look around (well, in front of me I guess), and I would see everyone running around me. There were people on the sides cheering for their friends, family, and strangers, and they were encouraging... but it's not the same when there are sideline cheerleaders and when there are those who are in the game with you, so to speak. The atmosphere of being surrounded by others who had the same goal as you was so encouraging.
There are so many spiritual analogies that I could make with this, but I will make those later (probably in my next Monday Musing for the Cru website). For now, I will leave it at this, and I will get back to reading, research proposals, and presentations. Long story short, God is good, and He is gracious in allowing me to run 13.1 miles without really training!
No comments:
Post a Comment