We've all seen war movies. Pretty typical situation: plot is set up in a way where we are passionate about a certain character who is on a certain side of the battle. We see that side go into battle with the other side, and we get nervous because we see them fighting one another. It seems like your side is going to lose, and you start to get worried. But somehow, you still know that they're going to win... because it's a movie, and they need to win. But you continue to be nervous, and your heart continues to beat really fast, and... finally... they win! They're victorious!
Recently, I've been going through the book of Revelation. Very very slowly. I had never read it before, but I realized I probably should... it's God's Word, and I am curious as to what He says in that particular book. And a couple of weeks ago, I got to chapter 12. I've been kind of stuck there ever since.
Basically, Satan is at war with those who claim Christ (12:17), and he lives with an urgency because he knows his time is short (12:12), so he is accusing and deceiving people (12:9-10). But, Satan has already been defeated (12:8), and, through Christ's blood, Satan is conquered by our words of testimony and by not loving the world (12:11). Yes, we are indeed in a spiritual battle. But that battle is not with flesh and blood, but with spiritual forces of evil (Ephesians 6:12).
God is at work in Berkeley. He is at work in the lives and souls of men and women at Cal. Which means that Satan is present too... and he knows that there isn't much time, so he's being aggressive and purposeful. In the past week, I have seen Satan make his way into the body of Christ, and he has been working a lot. He is dividing friendships and bonds among believers, and he is turning sisters and brothers against one another.
This is the time when we cannot just sit and passively watch. I am convicted and compelled to come before the Lord in prayer and intercede for my brothers and sisters. We are to live in community, and Satan is trying to divide this community. The Lord is the One whom will defeat Satan, and the war is already won... but let's get into the battle. Let's remember that we are fighting on the same team! Let's not let Satan have a foothold in any of our relationships, but let us come together, as the bride of Christ, and let's stand firm!
No comments:
Post a Comment