Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter Break

It's my last winter break. WHOA. What happened?! I'm graduating in four months?! What?! Well, this winter break was interesting, to say the least. Inspired by my roommate, I will reflect on this break:

Post-finals: Family time. Lots and lots of it. Grandpa passed away, I went to his funeral, I pondered what it looks like to participate in my culture while worshiping God. Ah, such a hard two weeks.

December 28-January 1: San Diego Winter Conference. I loved being at conference. I was refreshed by God, His Word, and His people. And, exciting news, I got to be with one of my closest friends as she and her boyfriend celebrated being engaged! Oh, I guess it's fiance now. Oh goodness, so exciting. :)

January 1-January 4: I stayed in San Diego with Andrea! Ah, it was so nice to be able to hang out with her for a few days. I love hanging out with Andrea for so many reasons, but, one of my favorite things is that we can sit for hours not doing anything--sometimes talking, sometimes sitting in silence. It's really refreshing! And I got to meet so many of her friends that she talks about all the time. It was so fun, and such a great way to spend part of my winter break!

January 4-January 11: Kim, Frances, and I, went up to Seattle and stayed with my mom. It was fun getting to explore the city (and outside the city) with them. I'm so glad that I got to hang out with them up there!

Now... I'm spending my days catching up with people, relaxing, spending lots of time in preparation for the upcoming semester. I love days like today. Sitting in a cafe having time with the Lord, the sun is shining in Berkeley, Skyping with a great, encouraging friend, and relaxing as I slowly unpack and clean the house while working on a puzzle. Today has been a great day. And it's just the beginning of a great semester. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment