Saturday, December 3, 2011

Studying and Worship?

It's finals time. Well, soon. I've been slowly beginning to write papers, take-home finals, and study for my in-class final. And I remind myself that I am to do everything for the glory of God.

That's this abstract thing that I heard over and over ago a few years ago but had no idea what it meant. But the Lord is revealing to me that it's more than just worshiping God during church, small group, and my daily times with him in the Word and prayer, but I am to worship Him in the every-day things that I do. And one of those every-day things right now is studying.

So how do I worship God as I write my paper for Islam? Or work on my take-home final for sociology of development and globalization? Well, I begin by prayer. It's my seventh semester, and I'm finally learning the value of this. I'm far from being perfect at it, and I often forget. But when I orient my heart posture in a way that is pointed toward Christ before I open my books or open my Word document. I ask the Lord to show me more of Himself, and I pray for His wisdom and than Him for my ability to take classes and have the intellect to learn in this way during this season of my life.

And I learn more and more that it's all about Him. That I can do my schoolwork with excellence for His glory, not for the sake of getting good grades and, thus, having a pride booster. He allows me to be here, and He gives me my abilities, and all praise and glory are His!

Love the Lord with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment