Thursday, December 15, 2011

Life

You never know. You really don't. And there's no way to prepare. You can have the knowledge in the world, and your heart can still break. You can foresee it, and it will still be hard. You cannot take away the pain.

My grandfather passed away last night. I had the beautiful chance to go into SF yesterday afternoon and spend a couple of hours sitting at his bedside, praying for him, praying over him, and talking to him. He was in a coma at the time, and he didn't know English, but I know the Lord could hear me. Maybe 15 minutes after I left the hospital to grab dinner with my uncle, aunts, and brother, my grandpa left.

I believe a lot of things are true. First, I think that God was being so gracious to me and my family when He allowed us to say goodbye and leave before my grandfather passed. None of us could imagine witnessing his last breath. I also believe that God is good. He is just. He is gracious. He is merciful. He is sovereign. He is loving. He is omnipotent. He is my comforter. He is my Savior. He is my shepherd. God is good. All the time. And these truths about God are unwavering. No circumstance can change them. They are God. They always have been. And they always will be.

At this point, I don't have much to say. My grandfather passed before ever meeting Jesus. How to wrestle with that, and talk to my non-believing family about it, seems impossible. Praying that God will give me understanding, wisdom, guidance, truth, and love. Desiring the utmost compassion during this time.

Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment