Sunday: After church, Andrea and I went on a little adventure using our bus passes (trying to use them to the max since we already paid for them). We started in Berkeley on Telegraph and first went into Oakland via the 1. We figured out where to get off by counting to 600! Surprisingly, counting to 600 doesn't take very long, so we didn't get very far. Then we jumped onto the 57 and took it down to Emeryville; the last stop of the line. There, we had lunch at a Japanese restaurant (which was delicious!), and then we jumped onto the F to go into the City. It was a beautiful day where we got some frappuccinos and walked along the piers. It was so fun getting to just walk and talk, and stand in silence. It was calm, and the weather was gorgeous, and I was in great company. I couldn't have asked for more. The adventure to get back to the bus stop, however, was a little unknown, since I wanted to stop in China Town first to get a bo lo bao. Mmm!
Monday: Last night I had the opportunity to go to dinner with a young woman that contacted Emily through our Cru website. Since Emily's gone, her email was passed on to me, and I was excited to meet her. Evangeline is studying at Cal for six weeks this summer, and she is from Singapore. She is involved with her Cru movement at her university in Singapore, and she even interned for two years. She was extremely encouraging! She told me more about herself, her journey with the Lord, and the ways the Lord has been working in her life recently. I have never been more encouraged through meeting with someone I had only just met. I know that God is going to use her in incredible ways during her final three weeks in Berkeley, and when she returns to Singapore. He has already used her in crazy ways in my own life. I left after an hour and a half with joy and excitement and such anticipation for when we will see each other again next week!
Then I came back and got to Skype with Brooke for an hour or an hour and a half. Again, such an encouragement. God, again, used her to encourage me and remind me of His greater plans for our lives than we have for ourselves. She's off to Turkey again (this time leading the team), and I know that God is going to work in her and through her. I can't wait to hear how it is!
Sounds like you're having such a great summer so far! The bus adventure sounds like lots of fun :)
ReplyDeleteBo lo bao mo hom!