Monday, June 27, 2011

When Grace is Shed on Me

God is gracious. SO gracious. Last week was a hard week for me for so many reasons. But I gave it to the Lord and asked Him to change my heart. I asked God to show me Himself. I asked God to make me painfully humbled and to trust in His faithfulness. I did not ask God to make everything easy--I asked Him to show me more of Himself. And that's precisely what He has been doing.

I don't deserve any gifts that the Lord gives me. I have received the most beautiful, sacrificial, loving gift that one could ever receive--the gift of LIFE that comes through Christ alone. God didn't have to give me that, but He graciously did. And He is continuing to bestow His gracious gifts on me.

As I've previously said, He has graciously given me a community in Berkeley. Not just friends, but a community. A place where I feel safe to share my heart--whether I'm experiencing the Lord or need prayer and reminders of His beauty and love. A place where people are praying for me and a place where others feel comfortable asking me for prayer. Love. I've been feeling it, and I thank the Lord for His gracious gift of friendship and community.

And God has also been providing for me in support, despite all of my lack of trust and disobedience to Him. Again, something I definitely did not deserve one bit--but in His goodness and graciousness, He has been providing. And I am humbled. Humbled that all of this is a gift of God, and, in turn, I love that He is calling me to turn it all to Himself. It's not mine. It's never been mine. It's always been His. And He beautifully deserves it.

God is glorious. God is good. God is faithful. God is gracious. That's the God I worship! And I will sing praises to Him all my days!

"For the ministry of this service [the service of giving] is not only supplying the needs of the saints, but it is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. By their approval of this service, they will glorify God because of your submission flowing from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others, while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing grace of God upon you. Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!" -2 Corinthians 9:12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment