I want to wake up each day and ask God, "Where do you want to take me today? What do you want to show me? What do you want to teach me?" I want to feel excited each morning I wake up because this is a new day that the Lord has created, and it's a day that He has given purpose to. He wants to take me on a journey today, and He wants to tell me a bit more about Himself and then a bit more about myself. Sometimes we're journeying through the fields, and I'm running through on a beautiful day. Sometimes we're journeying up a mountain, and my legs are burning and it's hard to press on. Oftentimes, however, I have felt like we're walking in circles, going nowhere. Maybe that's because I'm not really following Him--just a routine that I'm used to.
I imagine this course that I'm walking through with God, and pretty often I think that I know the course well enough to be able to navigate on my own. Little do I know that the course is not consistent all the way through. Sometimes there are unexpected bumps and curves that I hadn't anticipated. Sometimes there are fun loops that I can go through. But I need to be aware and alert, following my Shepherd. Follow the leader does not work when a sheep decides she wants to be the Shepherd.
So God, what do you have for me today? What joyous adventure do you have planned?
No comments:
Post a Comment