Saturday, June 23, 2012

Random Things from the Past Day

So yesterday I started reading this book called Freedom from Fear: Overcoming Worry & Anxiety by Neil Anderson and Rich Miller. It was recommended to me back in September when I was consumed by my anxiety over choosing what to do post-graduation, and I'm finally getting to read it. I'm only 1/3 of the way through, but, so far, it has been difficult to read. Mostly because my anxiety has been something that has been very paralyzing since I was very young, and it hit its peak this past Fall. Thankful that this book is revealing to me, however, that I'm not alone in my feelings of anxiety, and it is filled with truth from God's Word and wisdom from these authors. Thankful I'm reading it!

Another random thing. I've been trying to read a book every week this summer (almost successfully... just a few days behind but hoping to catch up!). So far I've read:
The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn
Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
The Master Plan of Evangelism by Robert Coleman
The Autobiography of Hudson Taylor
The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
Sold by Patricia McCormick

I think that's it so far. I never thought I'd say this, but next up is... The Hunger Games series. I always said I would never read those. Now I am. Not sure why, but my mom decided to get them for me today. So I will read them before I leave I guess! Also, I'm open to more recommendations. :)

Lastly, I'm in Seattle right now. Today's weather: sprinkling in the morning, pouring down rain and freezing in the afternoon, sunny and beautiful in the evening! What is going on?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment