Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sketching

In the Spring, I was praying one day with Emily, and God gave me this picture analogy of something He was trying to show me. This had happened before, and it was a way that God had been able to show me more of Himself. He used it to give me the ability to understand a lot of concepts in my walk with Him. I told Emily that I wanted to begin sketching these images that God gave me so that I could remember truths about Him. Well... I think that was in like... February.

Well, it's now the end of June, and, after a time of journaling and trying to describe yet another image, God called me to actually begin the sketchbook that I had said I would do. So I started sketching!

I will save you from the pain of actually looking at my sketches (I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination). But God already showed me that I'm so impatient. I was drawing some leaves on these trees, and I wanted to draw about 30 leaves on each tree. Just three trees, four sketches. By the end of the first tree, I was done. I was tired of drawing these leaves. But I endured, talking to God as I was doing it. I laughed about how impatient I am to draw these leaves and how patient He was as He carefully, perfectly, and creatively drew out a sketchbook of me that I mess up each and every day. Yet I don't screw up any of His plan with these sketches.

So I sketch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment