I've come to the realization that I have so much trouble making decisions. I'm so fearful of making the wrong decision, that I often try not to make any decision at all... which is also making a decision (and usually a poor one!). But I've finally made a decision, and I feel very confident in it.
I realized I could graduate a semester early if I took a class over the summer. It was a very appealing option to me at first. I would be taking classes for four fewer months, I would be able to tell people that I graduated in 3 1/2 years and not 4, and I would be able to start my life.
Ha. Little did I initially realize that God has put me here for a reason. He has called me to Berkeley for a much higher calling than taking classes. I don't cherish this short time as I should... and I was trying to make it even shorter! My pride was creeping in, and this supposed plan post-graduation was non-existent. Oh goodness. Sometimes I laugh to myself about these things... quite literally.
After much time resting and waiting on the Lord, I've decided to finish through the four years. I want to also give this summer up to Him--whether it be in Seattle or overseas--and I want to give him my entire fourth year too. And I think I'll need that extra time to seek Him and find out where He wants me post-grad... at least as much as He's ready to tell me and I'm ready to hear.
And ministry. It honestly saddened me thinking that I would be leaving this ministry a semester early. The Lord has been working in beautiful and crazy ways, and I want to continue to see that and be part of it next year! I want the Lord to use me for His glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment