Oh man. I fail at blogging. I never remember to do these things.
Well, my break was so good! I got to spend awesome time with family, including a much missed Chinese dinner for Christmas made by my mom. Oh man. This is a time when I'm SO GLAD I have a Chinese mother. :)
Winter Conference: My third Winter Conference, and it was still awesome! Definitely wasn't feeling going down there after spending such good time hanging out with my mom, Damien, and Brittney, but I made it down there, and God really met me where I was at. He challenged me a ton, and I got this extra boost of excitement for intentionality in prayer, sharing God's love with others, and the possibility of going overseas again this summer (and probably after I graduate!). After almost missing my flight home, I got back to Fortuna...
Fortuna: I was so afraid of going back home where there seems to never be anything to do. But I got to spend such sweet time catching up with high school friends (Lauren and Jen!) and new friends in Humboldt who I've met since leaving for college (Ryan and my dad's new wife, Kim!)! Oh, and I was moving... did I mention that? Packing boxes. Box after box after box. And it looks like nothing has been done! And I ended the week by waving goodbye to my house. Permanently leaving my hometown that I've lived in since before birth... such a weird concept!
Chico/Ventura/Merced: I got to end my break spending a week in Chico staying with Lizz at the Girls' Cru House! So fun and so refreshing--and I met a ton of people! I think my favorite moments were some hikes I went on and long walks. I realized how much I love and value one-on-one quality time with friends. Oh, and I got to experience some pretty delicious food... can't go wrong there. And then we were off to David and Casey's wedding---one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. My first wedding where Christ was at the center of a marriage--exactly the way it should be. Oh God, you're so good. I definitely teared up (figures I would...). And then back up to Merced I went with some great friends from Turkey, and then back to Berkeley.
Berkeley: So here I am now. After so much traveling, I'm settling down. And I'm experiencing God in such a beautiful way now! Intimacy. That's the word I'd use right now. God is showing me so much about sitting and waiting on Him to lead rather than leading and waiting for Him to follow. Definitely praying and waiting on lots of decisions--part-time intern next year? Go abroad over the summer? Go abroad post-graduation? But He is sovereign over it all and forever faithful, and I can rest in that.
No comments:
Post a Comment