Friday, May 18, 2012

Loss and Sorrow

Sometimes hard things happen in life. God has allowed many people from my life pass away in the past year. An old friend's father whom I have known since before I can remember. My great uncle whom I had known all of my life. My grandfather whom I had also known all of my life. And, most recently, a very dear friend's stepfather and neighbor until I was ten years old whom I had known all of my life.

And God allowed each of these things to happen. All of these men who have been, in some way, part of my life have been taken from this earth, and I am reminded that, though we believe we won't die until old age, we can never be guaranteed of that. We never known what will happen.

But I trust that God is still the same in the midst of these painful times. I recall my Pastor sharing, at Scott's memorial service in August, that we should be jealous of Scott because he is in the full presence of the Father, and he will never again be subjected to these earthly pains.

I don't have to live in fear though. And I'm reminded of 1 Thessalonians 4, and I do not grieve like one who has no hope, because the One whom I have hope in is far greater and far exceeds any other.

But if you do follow my blog, please be praying for the family of my dear friend as she and her family mourn and grieve. The memorial service is tomorrow afternoon, so I will be driving to Fortuna for it. Please please pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment