Monday, April 2, 2012

Last Four Weeks

So I have four weeks of class left. That's correct. Four weeks. I'm feeling a lot of emotions, but, mostly, peace.

Now, if you had asked me three weeks ago how I was feeling about this, peace would not be the first word. If you asked, you probably received an answer like "excited, but nervous" or "excited, but sad to leave", etc. But, in addition to these feelings, I was trying to figure out how I could possibly invest my time so that God would receive the most glory.

I thought about how many people I should hang out with and try to share my life with, thus, prayerfully, sharing Christ. But I worried. What if I didn't finish well? What if I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do? What if...?

And it hit me last week. God told me that the best way to finish well is to cultivate my relationship with Him. What a concept, right? Nothing I've never heard before. But really. God is worth investing my entire life into. What a better way to spend my next four weeks but spending time with my Father, my Creator, my Savior, my Lord, my King.

So, please, ask me how I'm doing throughout the next four weeks. Ask me if I'm investing in my personal relationship with God. And please keep me accountable to this. Please keep me accountable to not solely pouring into others, but being poured into first by God. Only if I'm poured into by God can I actually pour into others anyways.

Just some thoughts on my way out of college. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment