Monday, August 8, 2011

God Glorified Through Another's Life

I went to my first American memorial service on Saturday. I drove up on Thursday and got to spend a few days with the Marshall family and went back to Berkeley shortly after the service.

The service was beautiful, to say the least. A true celebration of Scott's life. His life touched so many people, and I will always remember him fondly.

It made me think a lot about life. I guess that's what these things do to people. I've known quite a few people who have recently been diagnosed with cancer or have been suffering from it. It truly scares me. It really does. What if I get cancer? What if one of my immediate family members gets cancer? What if one of my best friends gets cancer? You never really know how long your life will be. I pray that I will not live in fear. I pray that God would work in me in powerful ways, as he did in Scott's life before he was taken home. I pray that God would be glorified through my life, as He was in Scott's life before God brought him home. You never know. You never really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment